Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal Decompression Therapy in Castle Rock, CO
Dr. Dickason firmly believes in the power of constant movement for both the body and mind. However, dealing with conditions such as back pain, herniated or bulging discs can be a major roadblock to maintaining an active lifestyle. That’s where spinal decompression comes in – it’s one of the innovative solutions Dr. Dickason uses to help his patients overcome these challenges and get back to a life free from pain.
What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
Spinal Decompression Therapy is a non-surgical, doctor-prescribed therapy for the relief of spinal disc pain. It works by gently stretching and relaxing the spine in order to relieve pressure on spinal discs, facet joints, spinal ligaments, and other spinal components.
During therapy sessions, a patient lies on a motorized table while specialized straps and harnesses are used to apply traction to the spinal area. This repetitive action increases spinal disc space and circulation, allowing herniated and bulging spinal discs to retract and become rehydrated.
Spinal decompression therapy can provide a variety of benefits for those suffering from spinal disc pain and other related conditions.
- It is a non-invasive treatment that does not require the use of medications or surgery, making it an attractive option for many patients who are seeking relief without the risks associated with more invasive treatments.
- It can provide effective relief from spinal disc pain in a relatively short period of time compared to other treatments such as physical therapy or surgery. This allows patients to return to their normal activities more quickly and with less disruption.
- Finally, spinal decompression therapy can help improve spinal health and function over time. This can result in improved spinal strength and flexibility, as well as a decrease in spinal disc pain and other related conditions.
Spinal Decompression for Spine and Joint Related Pain
Before beginning spinal decompression therapy, it is important for patients to discuss their condition and treatment options with their doctor to ensure that this type of therapy is right for them. For those who are seeking relief from spinal disc pain, spinal decompression therapy could be an effective and safe treatment option. decompression therapy treatment has been effective in treating the following:
1. Herniated spinal discs
2. Bulging spinal discs
4. Degenerative Disc Disease
5. Spinal stenosis
6. Neck pain
8. Lower back pain
9. Radicular Pain (pain radiating down the arms and/or legs)
10. Nerve root impingement or spinal nerve irritation caused by spinal disc compression.
Spinal decompression therapy is a safe and effective treatment for these conditions, providing long-term relief with no need for surgery or medication. With spinal decompression therapy, many patients have reported improvements in spinal function, allowing them the ability to return to their normal activities.
Dickason Chiropractic, IDD Therapy and Treatment of Spine Pain
Very few chiropractors offer spinal decompression therapy due to the equipment and training needed to properly do so. Dr. Clint Dickason of Dickason Chiropractic is fully trained and has extensive experience with the the latest decompression techniques using top-of-the-line equipment such as The Accu-SPINA decompression table to treat spine and join related pain.